Sometimes I escape to the pantry where it is quiet and dark and there is a door I can close and a large supply of chocolate.
Sometimes, if Mr. Right is home (or maybe even if he isn’t), I will sneak upstairs for a minute of respite.
Have you realized that The Princess needs to talk to me on average every seven minutes?
If you haven’t then here: The Princess is addicted to me. She keeps coming back and I cannot figure out why.
Last week, just before dinner, I made a get away to my laptop in the playroom.
I was reading blogs and looking at Facebook. In other words I was escaping.
I was gone exactly seven minutes when my cell phone rang.
The caller ID said it was Home.
Poor Mr. Right who was peeling potatoes and carrots had noticed my loss and wanted my help.
I answered the phone, Hello?
“Hi mom.”
It was not Mr. Right.
Hmmmmm…..Hello Princess. What do you need?
“I just wondered where you were.”