Thursday, June 21, 2012

RISE AND SHINE AND GET OUT OF BED

( unrelated, but still super scrumptious, picture )

P.S.  I stayed up really late the night before.

6:45am

I am cozy like a caterpillar in my bed.

6:50am

I hear The Pearl and am ignoring her.  I do not want to get up yet.

7:00am

The Pixie stumbles in carrying The Pearl.

The Pearl is shoved up onto me.

"Go get her nuk." I mumble.  I do not want to get up yet.

The Pixie returns with the nuk.

7:10am

I am drifting in and out of consciousness.  The Pearl is quietly laying against me, sucking her nuk, fingering her lovey doll and sometimes she closes her eyes.

I do not want to get up yet.

7:15am

The Pixie returns with The Pirate.

The Pixie climbs on my bed.

The Pearl is now alert and trying to sit up.  They begin chatting to each other.

The Pirate leaves.

7:16am

The Pirate returns with his blanket.

He climbs on the bed.

I am climbed on.

Someone jams their foot against my neck.

They are all talking to each other.

I close my eyes and pretend they do not exist.

I still do not want to get up.

7:18am

The Princess enters the room.

She climbs on the bed.

Someone else is bouncing on the bed.

Someone is walking on my legs.

Someone else is sitting on my face.

The Princess says, "Mom."

I ignore it.

"Mahhhuhm."

"mmm"

Someone is still on my face.

I am being kicked repeatedly in the stomach and the hip.

"Mom.  So do you wanna know my dream last night?  Ok.  So I was in it and you were in it and The Pixie was in it and The Pirate was in it and The Pearl was in it and Dad was in it.  And we were somewhere.  Not Disney World.  Not here.  Not in California.  Maybe Hawaii.  No, not Hawaii.  And there were these Disney princesses.  Which is weird because I don't like princesses anymore, but it was a dream.  And these Disney princesses were figurines and they had a little box on their legs.  Attached to their legs.  And if you opened up each one, each box I mean, there was something to do with the princess.  Like Aurora had a little rose and Tiana had a frog.  And if you could open all of them you were able to use them to open a secret box and..."

"Wait"  I interrupt. "You dreamed this?"

"You just interrupted me."

I am landed on by a falling child but the good news is that whoever was sitting on my face gets up and crawls to my stomach.

I look at The Princess, "But your dream was kind of cool.  You should write your dreams down in the morning.  Like a story-teller."

"But you iiin-tuuuur-uuuup-ted me."

I roll my eyes.

"And now, " she gasps, "you just rolled your eyes at me."

I get out of bed.

"Never mind.  I'm up."