Monday, April 9, 2012

EASTER WEEKEND, SATURDAY


Saturday we had our Easter shin-dig with the eggs and the hunting and the chocolate.

Afterwards Mr. Right let us crowd around him with a blanket on the porch swing.  To keep them from wiggling he started up a fine game of I-Spy.

The Pixie said, "I'll start!  I'll start!"

OK

She looked around at our Washington landscape.  The trees, the bushes, the trees, the grass, the trees.

"I...Spy...something...Green!"

The Princess groaned, "Pixie!  It could be anything!  It could be the grass!"

Mr. Right:  Pixie, it could be trees or. . . just look around...

The Pixie:  The Princess wins!  It was grass.

Huh?

When it was The Pirate's turn he choose something gold and brown under the tree.

Mr. Right asked:  What is it?

The Pirate:  I don't know.  It's just gold and brown under that tree.

Mr. Right:  If you can't identify it then I don't WANT to know what is gold and brown under the tree.  Why don't you pick something else.

The Pirate:  OK I spy something brown...

The Pixie:  OK My turn.

The Pirate looked at her so I took charge, I spy something red.

The Pirate:  Red?  There is nothing red around here at all!

We looked at him sitting there, in his red shirt.

Mr. Right:  Pirate?  What color is your shirt?

The Pirate looked down and did a double take.  "I'm wearing red today?"

 

Which reminds me of the time we went to Dairy Queen as a fam.

I told the kids they could order any ice-cream treat they wanted.

The Pixie choose the hot--fudge sundae with waffle bowl.

The Princess choose the hot-fudge sundae with waffle bowl.

The Queen choose an Oreo Blizzard.

The Pirate choose the Peanut Buster Parfait.

We sat at the booth and watched The Pearl wander around.

Mr. Right brought everyone their treat.

The Pirate looked at his Peanut Buster Parfait.

He said, "Wait.  Is this mine?  Why are their peanuts on it?"



OK, to his credit, he thought it said, Peanut Butter Parfait

And yes, The Queen graciously traded.