Remember her of this?
Her really nice hubby was coming up to Seattle from San Jose and she came up with him and voila – a mini reunion with yours truly.
So I brought along The Princess because just about everyone around here knows how fun it is to window shop in University Village. (If you’re into that kind of thing.)
As par for course when shopping with The Princess I was induced to buy a knitted sun hat and mauve, movie star sunglasses. Two items I would not haven chosen for myself but which certainly bring me forward in the style world.
And too we had lunch with Miss Sarah of San Jose. She used to live around the corner from me when I was a little tyke, and her mom threw an excellent birthday party one year with a shadow puppet show is expecting her first.
(Which is a great rally for party pooper mom’s everywhere…children love parties. Sadly they are ever so much work.)
And lastly here is something I thought was odd. On the drive home I was stopped at an infernal red light on the corner of 11th and North 45th, and crossing the street in front of me was a man and suddenly I recognized him from high school.
I yelled, “Princess, Princess!!! I know that man! I know that man! Oh, Oh and his name is Mark!”
Of course I was incognito, movie star style, so even when he stared directly at me he didn’t know who I was.
All he saw was a lady with mauve sunglasses gesticulating wildly and silently shouting at him from her husbands little blue car. It’s understandable that he moved his female companion to his protected side and shielded their bodies with the giant pink duffle bag he was carrying for her.
The Princess was less then impressed. From the back seat she sighed, “Mom, you always see people you know when you go out in public.”
Yea, but not people from high school! (Excepting the one time I saw someone from high school on the streets in Edinburgh Scotland…Oh and the other time someone from high school recognized me coming out of a restaurant in Disney World.)
So now I’m curious…does anyone else have out of place blasts from their past?
And the answer to The Princess’ question was, Miss Sarah does not still have her My Little Pony collection.
Unfortunately.