Friday, March 28, 2008

Our One Easter Picture

I realize some of my cyber friends are really healthy type gals who have a strict diet of vegetables so fresh they came straight from the ground to a rinse and then into a puree which is used as a glaze for carrot and broccoli muffins.

How you manage to keep smiling is beyond sugared lips, and yet I honor your efforts and secretly envy your skinny bodies. I am not so healthy. I manage all right, except when it comes to doughnuts and peanut m&m's. My kids are picky about their sugar intake too. . . The Princess was mildly disappointed to realize that most Easter eggs are filled with jelly beans. Tenley rejects anything that's not chocolate. The Pirate. . . well he's a boy. He'd eat rocks if they had a candy coating.



I recently discovered another indulgence (besides watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith with a can of Pringles). During the Christmas season, a few years ago, my friend Lauren was popping candy and declaring, "These are so good I could eat a whole bag." I tried one, she was right. Each passing Christmas I resist buying a bag for I know I'd devour it, just like those dozen doughnuts Mr. Right brought home Saturday for the kids.

I've been so strong and now, I admit, I am weak. Amongst The Princess' jelly beans and Whopper eggs I discovered a sweet little egg unlike the others. Cadbury had expanded their Christmas candy empire to include these Easter delicacies.


I went to the store and bought the milk chocolate. I like dark chocolate, I do, but these are best in their milk chocolate form. I got home and managed to get the Double Brownie-Fudgey Fudge-Die Fat and Happy Ice Cream into the freezer before I ripped into the Cadbury eggs and crammed eight in my mouth. I had to act fast, before the kids saw. I then spent most of the day lying by telling everyone I was eating apple bites. I've managed to slow down my intake to a constant drip of chocolate and this has sustained me over the past 12 hours.


I'm not a complete hog though, I did share two with Mr. Right. And one with The Princess.