Saturday, May 1, 2010

A TESTAMENT TO HER TINY LEGS

IMG_0006-1 Bedtime for the three noise makers.  FINALLY.

I finished the final chapter of The Fantastic Mr. Fox and then I collapsed on top of The Pirate and his bed.

He decided he was “the table” and I was “the feast”. 

The girls ate me.

When I started to get up The Pirate asked, “Will you stay here?”

Sure – why not?  So I laid back down.

He wondered, “Will you stay here forever?”

Yes. 

He was happy and we watched the girls get weird.

The Pixie took off her pajama pants.  Then she took her long-sleeve jammie shirt and put her legs in the arm holes.  Her torso came out the head hole and she asked The Princess to do up the buttons down the back.

The Pixie cannot sit quietly thru two minutes of sacrament meeting but she can stand still for twenty minutes while The Princess does up those buttons and then realizes she was off a button, undoes them all and re-does them properly.

Yes, twenty minutes we all sat there watching.

Finally The Princess said, “I think it’s weird I’m doing this.  It’s taking me a half hour and it’s probably a waste of time.”

It probably is because as soon as you’re done  The Pixie is going to laugh and do something insanely silly and then ask you to take it off.

The Princess gave up.

The Pixie stripped and crawled into bed sans pants.

I got up to leave and The Pirate gasped.

“MOM!  I thought you were going to stay here forever!”

You took me seriously?  Ok, you’re right.  I said.  Five more minutes?

“OK.”

ok.